Komen SC Mountains to Midlands is the local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and educational awareness in Name Service Area Here. Through its 2015-2016 community grants, Komen SC Mountains to Midlands is investing over $200,000 in education, diagnosis, treatment and support programs here in name service area here provided by 3 local organizations that serve uninsured or underinsured residents in our service area. Since it was founded in 1995, Komen SC Mountains to Midlands has invested more than $4.7 million in local breast health agencies and organizations.
In 2016, an estimated 246,660 cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. alone. The funds Komen SC Mountains to Midlands grants to community programs in our service area have made a positive difference in the lives of those living with this deadly disease.
During the 2014-2015 grant cycle, Komen SC Mountains to Midlands funding provided:
- 40,000 people with breast health education
- 599 no-cost screening mammograms for medically underserved residents in our service area
- 296 people with breast cancer diagnostic services
- 940 individuals served in our 22 county service area
- 240 clinical breast exams
- 15 breast cancers were detected in people who otherwise may not have had access to this life-saving information who are now able to seek treatment
The remaining 25 percent of net funds were invested in the Susan G. Komen Grants Program managed at the national level. To learn more about Susan G. Komen’s research investment, click here. In 2015-2016, Komen SC Mountains to Midlands was fortunate to be able to invest more than $69,000 solely toward research.